A CBD Brownie, also known as a cannabis-infused food or simply an edible, is a food product that contains cannabinoids.
are cbd edibles legal uk?
CBD edibles are legal in the UK as long the active ingredient comes from a cannabis plant that contains 0% THC.
is cbd hash legal uk?
CBD hash is illegal to buy and sell in the UK.
How to Make Edibles with Concentrate
Making edibles with concentrate is similar to cooking with dry flower.
The process is slightly easier because the key components cannabinoids and terpenes have already been extracted.
Select your Concentrate
There are many different varieties of cannabis concentrates and it’s important to select the type that will work best for your edibles recipe.
Kief or Hash If you have been saving up your kief for a rainy day or you have access to traditional hashish, you can incorporate it into a wide variety of recipes.
Most of the kief that ends up in your grinder will contain some amount of plant material, which will result in a slightly more earthy and herbal flavor compared to other concentrate types.
- RSO: Rick Simpson Oil, commonly known as RSO, is a cannabis preparation specifically made to be ingested, rather than smoked. The cannabinoids are already in their active form, so heat is not needed to feel the effects of this type of concentrate.
- BHO/CO2 Concentrate: Many types of wax, budder, and shatter used for dabbing are extracted with butane. If you want to avoid the use of butane, opt for concentrates that employ CO2 extraction methods instead.
- CBD Distillate: The most pure and potent form of cannabis, CBD distillate typically contains around 99% CBD.
Calculate your Dosage
How much concentrate should you use?
That depends entirely on your experience level and what you plan to use your edibles for.
It’s always recommended to start with a lower dose and increase gradually based on how you feel.
If you know the CBD/THC percentage of your concentrate product, you can easily calculate the dosage per serving.
Decarboxylate (or don’t!)
CBD distillate or RSO do not need to be decarbed before use because the manufacturer has already done so during the refinement process.
For CO2 concentrate, BHO, kief, or hash, the decarboxylation process is simple:
- Preheat your oven to 200°F/93.3°C
- Line an oven-safe dish with parchment paper and add your desired amount of concentrate. If using kief, spread it out gently into one even layer.
- For kief, bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring gently halfway through. If using other concentrates, bake until the concentrate becomes soft and begins to bubble, roughly 20 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
Infuse your concentrate
Once decarbed, you can infuse your concentrate into a carrier oil to allow for better absorption in the body.
Look for oils with a high saturated fat content like coconut, MCT, or avocado oils.
For best results, heat the oil in a saucepan on a low setting and add your decarbed concentrate, stirring until all of the concentrate has dissolved into the oil.
Once infused, you can add your cannabis concentrate oil to any hot or cold dish for a medicated treat.
You can also add your concentrate directly to high-fat foods such as peanut butter or guacamole.
Now that you know just how easy it is to make edibles with concentrate, we hope you’ll give it a try.
When cooking with cannabis, remember to avoid cooking temperatures above 300°F/148.8°C and be sure to dose carefully for best results.